Watts Bridge Memorial Airfield has a large campervan and camping area on site at the airfield. Visitors may also camp beside their aircraft in designated aircraft parking areas. Pilots who wish to camp with their aircraft, are advised to seek out parking locations that will not restrict your access to your camp site during air displays activities.
Please read the campsite conditions of entry. If you have any further questions please contact us.
All Camping Spots will be allocated by Red Thunder staff on a first come, first served basis. If you wish to camp with friends, you must arrive together. Red Thunder staff will allocated to differing camping styles i.e. Campervans and Caravans may be separated from Tents.
- Fee $38.00 per night per site. Payment is made at the air show entry point or online, click here. For early arrivals, fees will be collected at the campsite.
- Toilets with night time lighting are provided.
- Max six people per site.
- Showers with night time lighting are provided.
- Cooking facilities are not provided.
- Campers should use torch lighting when walking around at night, young children should not be allowed from the camp site area unless supervised.
- Open fires on the ground are not permitted. Small fires in approved metal fire pits are permitted and all fuel must be provided by the camper. Total fire ban rules must be obeyed.
- Private portable generators are not permitted overnight between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am.
- Aircraft pilots and passengers wishing to camp overnight must use the allocated camping area and pay the camping site fee.
- Camping tickets must be tied to the star picket at each site and be clearly displayed.
- Loud and unruly behaviour will not be tolerated and please respect the privacy of fellow campers.
READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & TERMS AND CONDITIONS